Easy Chocolate Soufflé Recipe with Grazing Fields Eggs!
A delicious anytime desert that only takes about 30 minutes to create —serves 6 and it is naturally gluten free.
- Ghee, butter or Walnut oil to rub inside the ramekins
- Raw Sugar to dust the ramekins
- 3 oz. of bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chip Morsels)
- 1/3-cup coconut milk or half and half (I used a combination of coconut milk and Ghee since I can not tolerate milk proteins).
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 egg whites (Grazing Fields Eggs!)
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- Organic powder sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Rub 6 (3″ diameter) ramekins with Ghee, (butter or walnut oil) on the bottoms and sides.
- Add 1 rounded tsp. raw sugar to the bottom of the ramekin and dust the bottom and sides. Discard any extra.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat coconut milk (or half and half) it starts to simmer at the edges (not boil).
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Place your chocolate mixture into a double boiler. Stir in unsweetened cocoa powder and water and stir until hot. Remove from double boiler when hot and set aside.
- In a deep metal bowl, add 8 Grazing Fields egg whites and beat on medium high speed until slightly foamy (about 1 minute).
- Start adding the sugar one tablespoon at a time and continue to beat the egg whites until sugar is all gone (about 2-3 minutes)
- Beat the egg whites until you have a soft peak—Not stiff peaks (about 3 minutes).
- Fold in one third of the Grazing Fields egg white mixture into the warm chocolate mix. Do NOT stir it in.
- Now gently fold in the chocolate mixture into the remaining egg whites (in the metal dish). Again do not stir. Fold in only until the egg whites are well incorporated into the mixture. It is OK if you have some streaks in your batter.
- Fill the ramekins, leaving 1/4″ space from the top.
- Wipe ramekins clean to remove and batter.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the top is lightly brown. They will be amazingly fluffy with moist glistening crevasses.
- Once out of the oven, immediately dust with powder sugar and serve while they are at the peak of fluffiness.
Resources:Whole Lifestyle Nutrition.